How do you choose the best program for YOU?
- Do you need to complete major, minor, elective, or language credits?
- Would you like to focus on a new area of study during your program?
- Would you prefer to take classes led by a UNT faculty member with only UNT students?
- Do you want to take classes in English with local students, international students, and American students while having access to on site professional staff?
- Do you want an independent experience while taking classes at a local university in the local language?
- Do you have a specific culture, region, or country of interest?
- Would you prefer a program that travels to multiple destinations?
- Would you prefer a major metropolitan area, a small city, or a rural area?
- How much time do you want to spend abroad – a few weeks, an entire summer, a semester, or an academic year?
- How much flexibility do you have for when you can study abroad? Are you limited to a specific term?
- Would you prefer to live with a host family, with local students, with other U.S. and international study abroad students, or with other UNT students?
- Will you use your current scholarships, grants or tuition waivers during a study abroad program (if applicable)?
- Have you searched for additional scholarships outside of UNT sources?
- Have you brainstormed community-based funding ideas?
Do you meet the minimum eligibility requirements for study abroad and the admission requirements for your selected study abroad program?
- First Generation College Students Abroad
- LGBTQ Students Abroad
- Multicultural Students Abroad
Do you have any special needs such as a medical condition, learning disability, mental health condition or dietary restriction that may need accommodation or specialized resources while abroad?