UNT's Study Abroad Office conducts a series of mandatory training sessions. These pre-departure orientations aim to answer questions from both parents and students and to ensure students are prepared for their study abroad program.
2018 Summer and Fall Programs:
Monday, April 2, 2018 | 3 - 5 p.m. | Curry | Check-in will be in the lower level lobby
Thursday, April 12, 2018 | 5 - 7 p.m. | Life Sciences | Check-in will be in the lobby
Saturday, April 14, 2018 | 10 a.m. - Noon | BLB | Check-in will be by the lower level entrance
- UNT Expectations about behavior, the UNT Honor Code and study abroad
- Emergency health and safety situations: What to do? Where to go? Whom to contact?
- Student and parent expectations
- UNT's health and accident insurance
- Personal health and security
- Culture shock and cultural adaptability
- Money matters and financial aid
- What to pack
Please note that failure to attend a session could result in a student offer of admission being rescinded.