Hot Shots from Hot Spots
Hot Shots from Hot Spots is our annual photo competition designed to encourage critical review of the people, places, and cultures experienced during official UNT study abroad programs. Every fall submissions are judged and winners are selected. Submitted photos are used to promote and increase awareness of international study opportunities for UNT students.
- Student must have participated in a study abroad program registered with the UNT Study Abroad Office during the 2015/2016 academic school year. (Fall 2015, Spring 2016, and Summer 2016)
- Photo submissions must be original work of entrant.
- Photo submissions must be free of alcohol, cigarettes or any other inappropriate material.
- Photo submissions cannot be manipulated. No Photoshop. No editing.
- A maximum of three photos (one photo for each category) can be submitted.
- Photo submissions must be submitted in a common image format (jpg, png, etc.) and a minimum of 1MB (max 10 MB) to ensure photo will print clearly. Winning photos will be printed in 8 x 10 format for display. Do not crop photo submissions.
- Eagles Abroad: Submissions should capture UNT students displaying their UNT pride (UNT apparel, UNT eagle, UNT claw, flag, UNT Study Abroad Earl the Squirrel, etc.) while abroad.
- Learning form the Locals: Submissions should include a UNT student(s) learning a local custom of their host country. Examples of activities could include; learning to tango in Argentina, studying Chinese calligraphy or making fresh pasta in Italy.
- Culture and Identity: Submissions will capture local activity abroad; vendors at a market, participants in a festival, respectful photos of religious or spiritual moments, sporting events, etc.
How to Submit:
- Use online submission form (link at bottom of page)
- Deadline September 30
- Winners will be announced during the month of International Education Week (November).
Click HERE to apply!