UNT Passport Services is open to the public and provides US Passport application services, including photos. 

Individuals must schedule appointments in advance.

Schedule a Passport Appointment.


Are appointments necessary?

Individuals must schedule appointments in advance for all passport services. Schedule a Passport Appointment Here.

Can I apply at your location even if I am not a UNT student, faculty, or staff?

Yes. We are open to the public. Anyone is welcome to visit our office to apply for a passport, including children and families.

I have a photocopy of my birth certificate. Can I use it for my application?

No. The U.S. Department of State requires the submission of an original birth certificate to apply for a U.S. Passport. All original documents submitted will be returned to the applicant.

I need to replace a lost/stolen passport. Can you help me with this?

Yes. Applicants can report their lost or stolen passport online or in person at the Study Abroad Office. If you need to apply for a new passport, you would also need to complete the DS-11.

I changed my name when I got married.
Do I need to submit proof with my application?

If your current spouse’s name and information is listed in Block 20 of your application, and your proof of identity shows your married name, no additional documentation is required. However, if you do not have identification that shows the new surname, you will need to submit a certified marriage certificate with your application.

I need to correct or update my name in my passport. What do I do?

If you have changed your name within a year of receiving your passport, you need to complete the DS-5504 form available in the Study Abroad Office. 

I am a Permanent Resident of the United States. Can I apply for a U.S. Passport?

You must be a United States citizen in order to receive a U.S. Passport, and you will need to provide proof of your citizenship when applying via birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, etc. If you are a Permanent Resident and need a new passport, you will get a passport from your country of citizenship. This is usually done at a consulate or embassy. Requirements may vary by country.

I applied for a passport and it has not been delivered yet. What should I do?

Contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 or NPIC@state.gov for all questions regarding the status of your application.

I have additional questions regarding your services. Who should I contact?

For any other questions regarding passport services, we can be reached at 940-565-2207 or passports@unt.edu.