The Passport Office is in Marquis Hall Room 102

Phone: 940-369-7670


Are appointments necessary?

Drop-in services are available during designated passport service hours.  No appointment is necessary.

Can I apply at your location even if I am not a UNT student, faculty, or staff?

Yes. We are open to the public. Anyone is welcome to visit our office to apply for a passport, including children and families.

I have a photocopy of my birth certificate. Can I use it for my application?

No. The U.S. Department of State requires the submission of an original birth certificate to apply for a U.S. Passport. All original documents submitted will be returned to the applicant.

I need to replace a lost/stolen passport. Can you help me with this?

Yes. Applicants can report their lost or stolen passport online or in person at the Study Abroad Office. To apply for a replacement passport, you will need to complete Form DS-11.

I changed my name when I got married. Do I need to submit proof with my application?

If your proof of identity shows your married name, no additional documentation is required. If your identification does not show your married name, you will need to submit a certified marriage certificate with your application.

I need to correct or update my name in my passport. What do I do?

Please visit the State Department website for guidance on how to complete this process by mail if you are eligible to use Form DS-5504.

I am a U.S. Permanent Resident. Can I apply for a U.S. Passport?

You must be a United States citizen in order to receive a U.S. Passport, and you will need to provide proof of your citizenship when applying via birth certificate or certificate of naturalization. If you need a new passport from your country of citizenship, please contact a consulate or embassy from that country. 

I need to renew my U.S. passport. Can I do that in your facility?

Review the requirements to renew your passport by mail.  You must renew by mail if you are eligible to do so, but we can provide you with application materials and assist with a passport photo during weekday office hours.  Children under the age of 16 must always apply in a passport facility and are not eligible to renew by mail.  Applicants for a first time adult passport age 16 and older must also apply in a passport facility.

I applied for a passport and it has not been delivered yet. What should I do?

Contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 or for all questions regarding the status of your application.

I have additional questions regarding your services. Who should I contact?

For any other questions regarding passport services, we can be reached at 940-565-2207 or