Advisors play a crucial role in guiding students toward study abroad. Students need to know that they can both study abroad AND graduate on time.
Short-Term Faculty Led Programs:
UNT faculty teaching classes abroad
- Programs are arranged by UNT faculty members in concert with the Study Abroad Office.
- Faculty Led programs offer UNT courses in departmental inventories. Students receive UNT credit, not transfer credit.
- Eligible students have been at UNT for at least one semester, are currently enrolled at the university, and meet the GPA requirements for their chosen program.
- The required GPA is most often between 2.5 and 2.75. Program leaders must approve students' participation prior to enrollment.
- Department advisors must ensure that students have met all prerequisites and are correctly enrolled so that credits earned will count toward graduation.
Semester & Year Long Exchanges:
Attend a partner university
- Students must apply for exchange student status with the Study Abroad Office.
- Students are enrolled at UNT while studying at partner institution.
- Exchange program coursework must be pre-approved.
Participate in a program with an approved agency
- Students must attend at least one advising appointment in the Study Abroad Office.
- Students are not enrolled at UNT while participating in an affiliate program.
- The required GPA is most often between 2.5 and 2.75. Be sure to check the chosen program's specifics.