Start Your Study Abroad Journey
1. Attend a Study Abroad 101 Workshop
UNT Study Abroad Ambassadors host workshops twice a week in the fall and spring semesters. These informative workshops cover the basics: program types, eligibility, housing, finances, the application process, and how to search for and choose a program. Sessions are held Mondays and Thursdays from 2:30-3:30 p.m. in Marquis Hall 215.
2. Talk with your Academic Advisor about Study Abroad
Discuss course selection and graduation requirements. You can study abroad AND graduate on time. Check out study abroad options by degree program.
3. Discover Programs through the online portal
Choose from more than 800 programs in 90 countries to find the best fit for your academic goals.
4. Schedule a meeting with a Study Abroad Advisor
Start planning your study abroad experience.
5. Check out Funding Options
Explore scholarship, financial aid and external funding opportunities. Attend a Study Abroad Funding Workshop with the UNT Student Money Management Center. Speak with the Special Programs Advisor in the UNT Financial Aid Office.
6. Start your Application online
Our online portal makes it easy. Preview application documents.
7. Prepare for your Study Abroad Experience
Your safety is a priority. Be sure to do your research prior to departure.
8. Attend a Pre-Departure Orientation Session
Pre-Departure Orientation is required. We'll cover what to pack, who to call in the event of an emergency and more.
9. Get Ready for the Experience of a Lifetime!